Position: Area Team Leader
Job Location: Menomonie, WI
Start Date: Based on accepted offer
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full time
Hours per Week: 40 hours per week
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Various hours based on needs.Â Candidates must have open availability for work hours that include at least 1-2 nights a week and every other weekend.
Starting Salary: $14.00 an hour
Salary/Benefit Notes: Our full-time team members (30 hours or more per week) are eligible for the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance plan
- Optional dependent life insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Flexible spending plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid time-off benefits
- Team member assistance program
- Health and wellness programs
- Educational assistance program
- Team member discount card
If you lead with heart and have a head for business, consider a career with Goodwill Industries of North Central Wisconsin.
While our stores focus on selling donated and new merchandise, each member of our team works toward our No. 1 core value — Putting People First...All People. By striving to bring our values to life each day in everything we do, we change the lives of the people in our communities. Our MenomonieÂ Retail Stores and Training Center is currently seeking an organized, energetic and creative Area Team Leader to come and join our team.
This hourly leadership position will oversee the usual — cashiering, inventory, customer service, team member relations, budgets and store administration — along with the unusual — helping manage the processing and flow of donated goods and assisting individuals with disabilities or other barriers to employment learn life skills, get job training, become more independent and build on their dreams.
- Part of a team that is responsible for financial results including sales, gross margin, expense control, payroll, and contribution/profit.
- Adheres to organizational core values and beliefs. Ensure that they are practiced in daily store operation.
- Can effectively and efficiently manage a broad range of store activities. Able to identify, organize, and prioritize with delegation of duties when applicable. Also is able to trouble shoot problems before they occur.
- Maintains a productive processing area that meets production goals, maintains a clean and organized work floor and follows current standards.
- Prepares required paperwork on sales, productivity, programs, people function, safety and loss prevention, etc. as required and within timeframes.
- Responsible for store maintenance, both interior and exterior, including but not limited to floors, restrooms, break room, production area, fixtures, glass, etc.
- Part of a team that is responsible for the entire property including buildings (internal and external) and all merchandise, fixtures, signage, parking facilities, etc. located on the premise.
What I must bring:
- To be considered, you'll need 3-5 years of proven retail or leadership experience.
- Education generally equivalent to a high school diploma is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a retail environment is preferred.
- Experience of at least a basic level of competency with computers to complete e-learning opportunities and use our intranet, G-Wiz.
- May require the ability to operate a cash register.
- Must have good judgment to recognize clothing categories.
- Must remain productive without direct leadership.
How I will be safe:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and/or hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching.Â The team member also will use their hands to handle objects, tools or controls and reach with their arms.Â The team member is occasionally required to sit, climb and balance.
The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds and more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About Goodwill NCW
Goodwill Industries of North Central Wisconsin is one of the more than 160 regional Goodwill organizations throughout North America and across the world. We're a progressive, not-for-profit human services organization that collects donated goods, sells them in retail stores across our 35-county region and uses the revenue to support programs and services.
Our 1,400 team members are a rich mix of retail, human service, finance, marketing, logistics and many other fields. These positions offer a competitive salary as well as our Great Rewards benefit package and the other advantages of being a member of the Goodwill team.
We invite you to partner with us in this mission of “Elevating People, Transforming Communities!”